Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sports and me


Sport is something the best for me. I like it very much because it's good for my health. When I was 5 I already played football, basketball and some other ball sports. When I play e.g. volleyball, I really enjoy it and at the same time my body gets relaxed.

When I was 8 years old I started playing soccer. It was really strange because I was the only girl on the team. ButIeverybody got used to it. I played soccer for about 2 years, I broke my wrist, so I had to give it up. About a year after that I took up karate. I felt as if I was the strongest person and nobody could "kick my ass". I did karate for another 2 years. And my last and best sport is volleyball. We play it at school a lot. As it is my number one sport let me tell you something about it.

Volleyball is played by two teams of six on an 18m by 9m indoor court. The teams are divided by a net that stands 2.43m high for men and 2.24m for women.

The object of the game is to hit the ball over the net to land in the other team's half of the court. Players normally use their hands to try to keep the ball in the air and set up point-winning plays, although the ball can be played by any part of the body.

Each team is allowed three touches of the ball before it must cross back over the net. Matches are the best of five sets, with 25 points needed to win a set.


I do not just play volleyball but I like basketball, tennis, cycling, handball and some other sports as well.

All in all, I think I'm a sporty person. In the future I hope I will keep my love for sport and I hope to be good at it.

And what are your favourite sports? Dare you play against us when we meet?

Submitted by Mia

No comments: